Friday, August 22, 2008

Short and Sweet and Not Very Neat



(Photograph: Perth County Road 119...Though the road up ahead is filled with stormy weather, I will continue to place my trust in You, Lord.)






Well I made it through another round of chemotherapy. Thursday, August 21st heralded my 4th episode. Two more to go before the big 'home free' announcement. It seems my get up and go has got up and left. My energy level is grinding to a halt so I am going to just listen to the signals and behave accordingly, if I can over these next few days. It's funny how the mind races when the body slows. At least that is with me. Of course I have trouble sitting still at the best of times but sitting still with God is a good way for me to slow down my motor.

Last night I wrote a facebook message to someone very close to me. We had been discussing the fine art of my situation as it relates to my attitude towards God. As I was responding to some of her comments, I started thinking about how God is too big to try to figure out. Our thoughts are not His thoughts. We are merely specks of dust compared to Him who created us. As it says in Psalm 139:13-15 (Paraphrased because my memory isn't good) You formed my inward parts and knit me together in my mother's womb. I praise you because you are fearful and wonderful. Your works are great, too. You know me well and my frame was not hidden from you when I was being formed in secret.

Even though we are as a grain of sand, God doesn't see us that way because He values every single one of us. We are unique creatures with a unique purpose in this short life. My job is to live by faith and to recognize God's hand in every aspect of my life. I am trying.

I cling to the promise Jesus made to not leave me comfortless. I sense the Holy Spirit so much in my life lately. Oh, there are times I question and wonder. But there are more times when I feel that peace of God that passeth all understanding.

Didn't I say that this was going to be short and sweet...? Before I go, Tuesday I am being taxied to the Palmerston Hospital by my dearly beloved happy hubby (Gilles) to get my hand amputated [just checking to see if you are paying attention!:)] Actually that silly little 'lumpette' is being removed. If it is all fluid, as Dr. Donald suspects, then we are home free. The ultrasound was indicating that there may be some indication of solid material which would mean it would have to be biopsied which is not a good thing. I am voting for door number 1. We'll see. Meanwhile I journey on with Jesus as my Comforter and you as my encouragers. Thanks for caring. Love Glynis - who is about to go pop her pills and settle in for the night.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

YOU GO GIRL!!!!!
You are almost there....and you have done so well!!! Remember to keep those boxing gloves on...because this cancer is going down!!!!!!
We love you and are beside you every step on the way!!!
Love
Trev & Janice