Saturday, March 8, 2014

Elusive Slumber

Journal Entry: Tuesday July 15/2008 I was having trouble sleeping.  Kate, my nurse, advised me to take the sleeping pills. I had hesitated. But my whole being begged for slumber. So I partook of the drug and drifted blissfully away. . .




The moon casts a milky glow
The firmament is charcoal
With an intermittent halo of light
The stillness of the land
Boasts no echo nor untoward motion
What should be still is still
What should be silent is silent
All is calm
All is peaceful
Come slumber, peaceful slumber
Watch over me Jesus
Rock me in Your arms of peace
I beg for rest
Goodnight. . .



If you lie down, you will not be afraid; when you lie down, your sleep will be sweet.
                                                                                                                                                        Proverbs 3:24


No comments: