Friday, April 6, 2012

Day 6 - Haiku

An interesting challenge today - write about my health condition or situation using a Haiku format. I am to write more than one...

And I quote: “[A haiku is] a miniature Japanese poem consisting of 17 syllables – five syllables in first line, seven in second, and five in the last. No rhyme or meter scheme is employed when writing haiku. The aim of the haiku is to create something greater than the sum of the parts.

Let's give it the ol' British try:

Sleep, where art thou, friend?
Will the weary lids fall soon?
Brain on overdrive.

Every step I take
Reminding me of cancer
Every move I make...

Mirrors in my house
Sending me into shock mode
Laughing back at me

Tell Mom I love her
Will I be seeing her soon?
Who will care for Dad?

Death is but a gate
"Any volunteers?" God asks
The key clicks open

Procrastinator
Nudging, coaxing, I will go
Never mind; bed is warm...




Okay, that was probably some pretty bad chemo Haiku. 5-7-5! Night all...bed beckons...



No comments: