Tuesday, June 1, 2010

They Say...



This poem (from my mother's poetry collection) is dedicated to Uncle Don who passed away this past Saturday from cancer. He was 57 years old.

I hope he is strumming his guitar quietly at the feet of Jesus right now.
They say you will not come again,
But I can always here.
Your voice in silence and in song
And feel you ever near.

They say that you have passed beyond
Unto the land of supreme
But I can always call you back
Into the land of dream

For death is but a gateway
To the great reality
A new beginning and an end
Of Human Destiny

Love is all and life goes on
In spite of grief and pain
But deep within my heart I know
That we shall meet again...

2 comments:

Karen said...

So sorry to hear about your loss. It is a beautiful poem.

Amanda said...

I can still hear him singing "Amanda, light of my life....." (okay I have to stop typing...I'm already in tears!)