Saturday, May 29, 2010

If I Only Had a Brain

I should be flogged for delinquency. Time sure has a way of marching on and leaving me behind lately. I miss a lot of things but mostly I miss my mind! I keep wondering if my memory cells post chemo will ever regenerate.

For the most part I am fine and my energy level is amazingly improved - for that I am grateful. Yet I keep on forgetting. Thank goodness, so far nothing has been life threatening and it's usually silly things like car key misplacement; pieces of paper with important information; bills; forgetting why I went downstairs and having to go through the painful ritual of retracing my steps. As far as my teaching, I still think I am on the ball, and so far, none of my students have said anything...except maybe poor Leanne, who was not impressed that I forgot to get her birthday present ready! Thank goodness she still loves me.

I really have not forgotten to write here, though. It is high on my list of things to do; yet the days whiz by and somehow, it has been shoved to the back burner. Determined to make amends and get back on track, I am going to challenge myself and get back into the routine of sharing and spouting.

I am going to force myself to write a blog a day starting...um...today. I have to be the world's worst procrastinator, so this is going to be tough. Okay...on your mark...get set...go!

4 comments:

WhiteStone said...

When you find yours (brain), will you help me find mine! Aaack!

Glynis said...

Hey Judy. Thanks for making me feel like I am not alone. There is sweet comfort in numbers. Maybe one day, life will resume normalcy - now all I have to do is define normal! Blessings and Joy (anyway!)

Karen said...

Good to know I'm not alone, about the "brain thing." I think that it does get better with time, but it's hard to know how much of the forgetfulness is chemo-related or just a fact of aging! :)

Cindy Update said...

Ditto to WhiteStone's comments. I too have to join the group.