Monday, July 4, 2011

Tyranny of the Urgent

"I just don't have enough hours in a day!"
Thus the familiar, woeful moan echoes in my mind once again. So much to do. So little time.

Sometimes I look at my fellow prolific writer friends or supermoms & (grandmoms) and I wonder how they do it. I try not to, but when I read and hear about their lists of accomplishments, envy rears its ugly head and a pity party commences.Thank goodness, though, God has been keeping a close thumb on me lately and reminds me often how blessed I really am.

The other day as I sat in the cancer clinic again, waiting (what a waste of time) my turn, I tried not to think about all the things I could be doing instead. Then I looked up and noticed the sun shining through the clinic skylights, lighting up the room with a sort of divine brilliance. Then I thought about the Son who lights up my heart. The envy slipped away and I counted blessings instead.

1.  I am upright, breathing and I have hair
2.  I am a wife, a mom, a grandmom and my family loves me and my friends love me - warts and all.
3.  God forgave me [and continues to do so.]
4.  I love to teach.
5.  I love to write.
6.  I get paid to teach and write as a profession and I do it out of my own home so my hours are flexible.
7.  I am at the cancer clinic for a check-up, not chemotherapy.
8.  I got to attend five books signings in May, four in June and there will be one more in July just because I had one little short story published in Second Cup of Hot Apple Cider.
 9.  98 people wished me Happy Birthday on Facebook; 2 wished me a belated one.
10.  Jesus Christ is my Lord and Saviour (How much more blessed can I be?)


Psalm 90:12-17
Oh, teach us to live well Teach us to live wisely and well! Surprise us with love at daybreak; then we´ll skip and dance all the day long. And let the loveliness of our Lord, our God, rest on us, confirming the work that we do. Oh yes, Affirm the work that we do! AMEN

1 comment:

Sue <> said...

You didn't tell me you had "warts"!!
Amen Sister.