Thursday, December 30, 2010

Fairness and God?

Today I read an article and had trouble even getting my mind around the title, let alone the content.
"Girl, 4, battles rare ovarian cancer"
A combination of sadness and encouragement filled my heart as I gazed upon the impish grin of this precious little angel. Check out her story, here, if you like:

 As I read through the story, I wondered about the fairness of it all. I thought upon the perfect world that God created then I remembered how it is no longer perfect and we have no one else to blame but ourselves. Instead of the harmony and the peace that God intended when He said 'it was good,' humankind has opted for greed and discontentment. How foolish we are. Thank goodness God loves us anyway, and wants us to love Him back. When I look into the eyes of this little angel, I am encouraged and I see Jesus.

 I am 54 so for me to get Ovarian Cancer is one thing. But a mere whisp of a child at 4 years of age, just doesn't seem right. But, the control is in His hands and I believe things happen for a reason. I don't have answers but I do have faith. My faith is resting in Him and hoping and praying that God will heal this little girl and through it all He will be glorified.
Jesus loves the little children; all the children of the world!

No comments: